Geistlich History

SubNavigation
2016 Geistlich Pharma India Pvt. Ltd., based in New Delhi, is the youngest member of the Swiss parent company.
2014 Geistlich Pharma Australia Pty Ltd. has been established in Sydney.
2012 The eighth affiliate Geistlich Pharma North America starts operations and is marketing biomaterials for bone regeneration in the USA and Canada.
2011 Geistlich Pharma expands its presence in Asia by setting up an affiliate in South Korea in addition to the affiliate set up in China in 2008.
2010 Geistlich Pharma sets up the affiliate Geistlich Pharma do Brasil based in Sao Paolo. In future Geistlich biomaterials will be available directly on the largest South American market.
2008 Foundation of the French affiliate Geistlich Pharma France SA. in Roissy-en-France near Paris. The Geistlich Pharma Representative office in Peking becomes the Chinese affiliate Geistlich Trading (Beijing) Co., Ltd.
2006 The industrial bone processing is discontinued.
2005 The Geistlich Pharma Representative Office is established in Peking with the objective to provide scientific support to the regenerative medicine and to further promote our technologies and products in China.
2003 The subsidiary Geistlich Biomaterials Italia is founded in Thiene, Italy.
2002 Production of gelatine is given up. The collagen foil activities are sold in 2005.
1999 The Geistlich company is converted into a holding company. The operational activities are assembled in newly formed subsidaries: Geistlich Pharma AG (biomaterials, pharmaceuticals), Geistlich Ligamenta AG (adhesives), Geistlich Alimenta AG (collagen foils), Geistlich Agrasana AG (fats and fertilizers), and Geistlich Immobilia AG (real estate).
1996 Foundation of the German subsidiary Geistlich Biomaterials Vertriebsgesellschaft mbH in Baden-Baden
1995 The Geistlich company incorporates a quality system, that is certified according to ISO 9001:2000.Geistlich Pharma is additionally certified according to ISO 13485:2003, RL 93/42 EWG and CMDCAS and has implemented the requirements of 21 CFR Part 820.
1986 Geistlich Bio-Oss® is the first natural bone substitution material produced by the Biomaterials Division. Other biomaterials are realised outgoing by this innovation for the dental medicine and orthopedics.
1960 The subsidiary, Geistlich Sons Ltd. in Chester, Great Britain is founded. Since then, further collaborations have continued to be made throughout the world.
1951 Acquisition of the majority of the shares of Delta Zofingen AG
1950 GEWO GmbH subsidiary is founded in Baden-Baden, Germany.
1909 the sons of Eduard Geistlich transform the company into a shareholder company. The company developed further and took up production of pharmaceutical products in 1943.
1869 more space was needed so the company moved to Schlieren. Here the company started it's considerable growth. In 1899 Eduard Geistlich, Heinrich's son, acquired a factory in Wolhusen/ Lucerne which was developed to facilitate their growing activities.
1851 The "glue factory" was founded in Zurich by Heinrich Geistlich.